- Handful of nasturtium leaves - separate leaves from stem and finely chop stem
- Nasturtium leaves and flowers to garnish
- Handful of thyme - remove leaves from stalks
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- 1tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 sheets of shortcrust pastry (or you can make your own
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat fanforced oven to 180°C. Line a 20cm tart tin with shortcrust pastry, prick with fork and bake until golden.
2. In a frypan, lightly sautee red onions. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until combined, then add chopped nasturtium leaves and stems, lemon zest, parmesan, chilli flakes, tomatoes and sauteed red onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour filling into the baked pastry shell, garnish top with remaining nasturtium leaves, and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and just set with a slight wobble.
5. Remove tart from tin and dress with nasturtium flowers. Serve and enjoy!