- Fresh plums
- handful of lemon basil leaves
- Nutella Chocolate Hazelnut spread to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- tiny dash of salt
1. In a frypan, make a "buerre noisette" by heating the melted butter till it becomes brown and nutty in flavour like hazelnuts. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
2. Whisk all the ingredients, except the flour, together. Add in the flour, a little bit at a time, whisking just until the flour has been mixed in.
3. Let the crepe batter rest for min10 minutes. Then, give the batter a quick whisk again before using.
4. Grease a frypan with unsalted butter and heat over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and tip the pan from side to side to get the batter to spread out throughout the pan.
5. Cook each side of the crepe for 30 seconds before gently loosening up the edges with a large spatula. If it lifts, then the crepe is ready to be flipped. If it doesn't lift up very well, give it 10 to 15 more seconds and try again. Gently lift the crepe out of the pan, then flip over into the pan and cook the other side for another 10 to 15 seconds; remove to cool.
6. Spread Nutella over the crepes and roll into a cigar shape. Serve with fresh plums and lemon basil.